Physical therapy involves the evaluation and treatment of skills related to mobility. Physical therapists examine each individual and develop a plan to promote the ability to move, restore function, prevent disability, and improve developmental activities. Common treatment and diagnosis include Cerebral Palsy, Torticollis, Spina Bifida, Down Syndrome, and developmental delay.
Therapy Services in Navarre Florida
Gross Motor Development
Birth to 3 months
- Can be comforted by a familiar adult.
- Responds positively to touch.
- Smiles and shows pleasure in response to social stimulation.
3 to 6 months
- Plays peek-a-boo.
- Smiles spontaneously.
- Laughs aloud.
6 to 9 months
- Expresses several different emotions.
- Responds actively to spoken language and gestures.
- Shows displeasure at the loss of a toy.
9 months to 1 year
- Feeds him/herself finger foods.
- Holds out arms and legs while getting dressed.
- Mimics simple actions.
- Shows anxiety when separated from primary caregiver.
1 to 2 years
- Recognizes him/herself in pictures or the mirror. Will smile and make faces at him/herself.
- Shows intense feelings for parents and show affection for other familiar people.
- Plays by him/herself and initiates own play.
- Expresses negative feelings.
- Shows pride and pleasure at new accomplishments.
- Imitates adult behaviors in play.
- Begins to be helpful, such as putting toys away.
2 years to 3 years
- Shows awareness of gender identity.
- Is assertive about his/her preferences.
- Will say “no” to adult requests.
- Shows awareness of his/her own feelings and those of others. Will talk about feelings.
Learn the signs, act early. Contact us today if you are concerned about your child’s milestones.