The evaluation and treatment of speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing skills in individuals of all ages, from infancy to the elderly. Speech pathologists hold a minimum of a master’s degree in their specialty. The overall objective of speech-language pathology services is to optimize individuals’ ability to communicate and swallow, thereby improving quality of life.
Therapy Services in Navarre Florida
- Articulation Impairments
- Language/Communication Impairments
- Stuttering/Fluency Disorders
- Swallowing/Feeding Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Apraxia of Speech
- Phonological Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders/PDD
- Down Syndrome
- Cleft Lip/Palate
- Cerebral Palsy
- Craniofacial Anomalies
- Head Trauma
- Hearing Loss/Cochlear Implant
- Learning Disabilities
- Auditory Processing Disorder
Speech and Language Milestones
Two years of age
- Produce h,b,p,n,m
- Have an expressive vocabulary of 50-100 words and understand 300 words.
- Begin to produce two word phrases, name objects in pictures and follow simple directions.
Three years of age
- Produce k,g,t,d,f
- Have an expressive vocabulary of 800-1500 words and understand 1200-2000 words.
- Answer “who, what, and where” and follow 2-3 step directions.
Four years of age
- Have an expressive vocabulary of 900-2000 words and understand up to 2800 words
- Begin to understand prepositions, identify colors and shapes, make inferences, and identify categories of objects.
Five years of age
- Produce sh,v,l,j
- Ask “how” questions, begin to sequence stories, follow 3 step directions, name 10 primary colors and count to 20
Six years of age
- Produce: all s blends and l blends, th, ch, s, z. (All sounds should be mastered at 7 years of age)
- Count items and give correct number, define simple words, rhyme, use irregular plurals, understand time concepts, and identify sounds of letters.
Learn the signs, act early. Contact us today if you are concerned about your child’s milestones.